Sunday 4 August 2013

current skincare routine: all the other stuff

La deuxième partie of what is currently going on my face: the moisturizers and all the other extra bits. I shall reiterate that I don't use these products all at once every single day since I do like to switch it up a bit depending on what my skin needs.




1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
 I remember despising this lotion when I was younger (though I think I may have had the gel version) because it made my oily skin extra oily. Now that my skin seems to have dried up a tad, I find this to be the perfect daily moisturizer in the mornings and nights. Before this, I was using a Nivea face cream which was okay but it wasn't quite locking the moisture into my skin and I think it may have actually been causing breakouts but I'm still not 100% sure. Anyway, as soon as I started using this, I've found my face to be perfectly under control (for the most part).

2. Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15
 Previously seen and mentioned here, I've given this a whirl over the last few weeks and it seems adequate and Cetaphil being Cetaphil, it doesn't make my skin break out or anything. However, I do have to say that it seems to sting my eyes a little when it gets too close. There was one instance I had put this on, done undereye concealing and my eyeshadow base and it stung so much the whites of my eyes had turned completely red so I had to remove all my eye makeup, chill out, and start all over again. Since then I've become quite weary about getting this near my eyeballs but on the rest of my face it seems alright.

3. Caudalie Beauty Elixir
I mentioned this briefly here, and I had my stint where I was obsessively using this every day morning and night but I've toned it down a bit now. I give this a spritz over my face whenever I feel like I've done my makeup and need a bit of a dewy-moisturized kick or if I just feel like spritzing it because it smells and is so incredibly refreshing.

4. Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil
I got a free sample of this when I redeemed some Sephora VIB points. This mini sample is fairly generous as you only need a few drops because a little goes a long way, so I expect this to last me quite a while. It's a dry oil and though I have somewhat put this aside since returning to a humid and tropical environment, I'll occasionally add this into my routine to get more of a glowy look. Also, since this bottle is so delightfully dinky, it's become part of my airplane routine -- a few drops of this stops dehydrating cabin air from drying everything out.

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive