Thursday 14 November 2013

everyday essentials

As the paranoid, mildly OCD person that I am, I constantly like to be prepared for all situations. Hence, I tend to carry around a range of things with me in my bag and here's a sneaky peek.


1. Acuvue contact lenses,  Blink eye drops - Because I am blind, sometimes my contacts get dry and sometimes they fall out of my eyes for no apparent reason (don't ask).
2. EOS hand cream - I am an obsessive with any creams / lotions / moisturisers; at any given time, there are an average of three on my desk both at home and at work accordingly, and sometimes two in my bag but only when it's a big bag. 
3. Purell hand sanitizer in Ocean Breeze - I live in a dirty city. Self-explanatory and this one smells nice.
4. Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder, Shine Control in Matte Translucent - What a long-winded name but this does the job when I find myself looking shiny. (and a little Shu Uemura brush to go with it).
5. Trish McEvoy Beauty Emergency Card for Eyes - This is the perfect on-the-go eyeshadow palette, it's super thin, literally credit-card sized as the name states, and contains fairly basic shades that you can slap on easily and still look good.
6. Maybelline Volum'Express the Hypercurl - My favourite mascara ever, how could I not carry a tube in my bag? I also carry a mini pink compact eyelash curler for the days when my eyelashes get a bit droopy. You never know.
7.  Aquaphor - This does so many things and is the ultimate lip saviour.
8. Maybelline Pure Mineral Concealer - Again, one of my favourite concealers, and easy to slap on.
9. Bobbi Brown Touch Up Stick in Warm Beige - Another concealer because you never know when a spot will pop up!
10. Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronze - This is for when I want to give my look a teeny bit more depth.
11. Cherry Chapstick - Because I have dry lips and also like to obsessively moisturise them.
12. Trish McEvoy Lipstick in Mulberry - This is a sheer berry tint with a lovely hint of moisture.
13. Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Rose Blush - This is one of my favourite 'your lips but better' lipsticks.
14. Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Sparkling Black - You never know where the day might lead and this is great for those last minute spontaneous night out decisions.
15. Altoids - Do I need to explain this?
16. Hair clip and hair ties - Ditto.

Saying that I'm a light traveller is the understatement of the year -- this is only the beauty-related part of my purse.

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive